Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How to Have a Butterfly Party (Games, Crafts and Snacks)

Invites: I found invitations at the dollar store that had the information on the front and was blank on the back. So I printed up this poem taht I found online and glued it to the back:

Butterflies are pretty and fly so free,
Come to Z's 5th birthday partee.
There will be games to play, and wings to make.
We will enjoy a butterfly cake.
So dress up as pretty as you can be,
and join the fun at Z's butterfly partee!

Craft: I don't have very good pics for these so bare with me. While the girls were coming we had them decorate their wings. Earlier I had gone to the dollar store and got white posterboard 2/$1. Then I cut out the wings, leaving enough space between the wings to punch holes and tie ribbon through, so we could tie them around the arms of the girls. I had also made antannae out of pipe cleaners and headbands.
Games:
Butterfly Hunting--I cut out 6 butterflies of different colors (I used my Cricut, but there are lots of templates online,) for each girl. Then I numbered the butterlies so there were 12-1s 12-2s etc. Then they took their butterfly bags, (another dollar store purchase, I just added the ribbon so they could carry them,) and had to find 6 butterflies with their number on them.

Musical Leaves--I cut out several big leaves out of construction paper and numbered them. Then I put them around the room. While the music played they flew around the room and when it stopped they had to find a leaf to land on.

Butterfly Pinata!

**For the prizes I made the butterfly clips, and I also gave out mini butterfliers. (I taped cut out wings to mini butterfingers and crossed out the "ing" and wrote"lie."

**For the food we had sandwiches and jello cut into butterlies. We also had butterflies made out of half a cheese stick, 2 pretzels for wings, and a stick pretzel broke into 2 pieces for antannae.


The Cake! I didn't go all out on this, obviously, but it was really easy. I made the cake in 2 round cake pans and cut the body out of one and the wings out of the other.

**Before the girls left they got to take home a butterfly cookie wrapped in plastic, (that I made before hand.) It had a "thank you for coming" tag attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment