Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Men's Shirt to Women's shirt

My hubby ripped his shirt on the doorknob this morning and the rip was too much to try to fix so I told him it was mine now:) 

1. Take off pocket. (Unless you want the pocket, but my ruffles wouldn't fit if I kept it.)


2. Lay a shirt that fits over and cut up the sides.

3. Cut some new sleeve out of the old sleeves. I wanted mine a bit poofy, so I cut bigger sleeves.

4. Pin sleeves to shirt (right sides together.)  Gather, if doing poofy sleeves.

5. Sew, then topstich.

6. Make a bias out of extra fabric. Sew into circles to go around edge of sleeves.


7. Pin bias on, gathering sleeves.  You could do a gathering stitch on the sleeves to make the gathers more even, but I didn't want to take the time.

8. Wrap the bias around and pin again.  Sew.  At this point you could just leave the shirt if you wanted.


9. I added ruffles and a belt.



Much better than throwing the shirt away.





No comments:

Post a Comment